[wpkg-users] WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated..
Leandro da Silva Rodrigues
2017-03-02 19:23:48 UTC
Hello,

I have the WPKG Client installed on more than 300 computers. I have noticed that on some machines the error "WNetAddConnection2-> A specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been terminated ..". This error was already reported in this list in April 2009.

After some tests I concluded that the problem is being caused by an update to Windows 7 SP1 (KB3212646). After removing this update, the WPKG returned to normal operation.

I am reviewing this information so that someone with more knowledge can find out more about the cause of the problem.

Hope it helps everyone!

Hugs.

Leandro Rodrigues

Leandro Rodrigues
Assistente Técnico de Informática II

DTI/FAAC - Bauru
(14)3103-6000 - Ramal 7081

Orgulho de ser UNESP!
Leandro da Silva Rodrigues
2017-03-02 19:29:11 UTC
Complementing the previous email.

KB3212646 was released by Microsoft in January 2017.

I noticed on my computers that, right after installing this KB, the problem appeared.

Orgulho de ser UNESP!
Rainer Meier
2017-03-05 01:05:32 UTC
Hello
Post by Leandro da Silva Rodrigues
I have the WPKG Client installed on more than 300 computers. I have
noticed that on some machines the error "WNetAddConnection2-> A
specified logon session does not exist. It may already have been
terminated ..". This error was already reported in this list in April 2009.
After some tests I concluded that the problem is being caused by an
update to Windows 7 SP1 (KB3212646). After removing this update, the
WPKG returned to normal operation.
I have actually noticed the same. Unfortunately in this state you can't
use WPKG to fix up the issue (ie. uninstalling the bad patch). So manual
internvention is needed.

In fact I did not remove the patch but instead found another
work-around. For me it worked to use the domain prefix in username
field. For example use "EXAMPLE\wpkguser" rather than just "wpkguser".
This also explains why I never run into that issue on domain environments.
But when using local deployment or just a NAS share it's also required
to prefix the domain. Or server name like "nas-name\username".

I also don't know the exact change done by Microsot which could have
caused this.

best regards,
Rainer