[wpkg-users] Oracle Client 11
Jáder Marasca
2016-10-24 18:59:31 UTC
Hi

I have a problem, a smal one:
I create one installer for Oracle Client 11 as provided by our
softwarehouse.
The OracleClient.xml reads:

* <install cmd="%SOFTWARE%\Cliente11.bat" />*

and the BATCH has several lines, but the important one is:

* call install.bat odp.net2 c:\oracle odac*

inside this batch it calls configure.bat with other parameters, also using
CALL.

If I run *"cscript wpkg.js install OracleClient" *it works 100% at 100%
times!
But it NEVER works from WPKG-GP client as running at startup!

I already try to include "*%COMSPEC% /C" *on install command, same problem.

Any tips, or debugs to try ?

Regards

Jáder
Marco Gaiarin
2016-10-26 07:29:32 UTC
Mandi! Jáder Marasca
In chel di` si favelave...
Post by Jáder Marasca
Any tips, or debugs to try ?
many installer behave differently based on user, or at least behave
differently if the installer run as SYSTEM user.

Try to run the installer in a SYSTEM shell (run 'psexec -d -s -i
%COMSPEC%' to have one).
--
dott. Marco Gaiarin GNUPG Key ID: 240A3D66
Associazione ``La Nostra Famiglia'' http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/

http://www.lanostrafamiglia.it/25/index.php/component/k2/item/123
Jáder Marasca
2016-11-05 22:59:32 UTC
Hi Marco,

I'll try to run it as system... must download psexec and try on another
computer, my test computer (Win7 at virtualbox) refuses to run any wpkg
command when in system user.

W:\files>net use
New connections will be remembered.

Status Local Remote Network

OK W: \\servidor\intranet Microsoft Windows Network
The command completed successfully.

W:\files>type w.bat
@echo off
cscript \\servidor\wpkg\wpkg.js /nonotify /%1:%2 %3
REM pause

W:\files>cscript \\servidor\wpkg\wpkg.js /nonotify /show:IrfanView
Microsoft (R) Windows Script Host Version 5.8

Message: Unable to find any matching host definition!
Error number: NaN
Stack: undefined
Line: undefined

User notification suppressed. Message: The software installation has failed.
Mandi! Jáder Marasca
Marco Gaiarin
2016-11-07 09:52:40 UTC
Mandi! Jáder Marasca
In chel di` si favelave...
Post by Jáder Marasca
I'll try to run it as system... must download psexec and try on another
computer, my test computer (Win7 at virtualbox) refuses to run any wpkg command
when in system user.
W:\files>cscript \\servidor\wpkg\wpkg.js /nonotify /show:IrfanView
Consider that windows (client OS, every version) refuse to make
authenticated request to shares by the same host with different
credentials.

EG, if you have connected \\servidor\intranet to W: user some
credentials, SYSTEM user (that use machine account or guest access)
cannot access the same share.

Try to ''unmount'' \\servidor\intranet (or any share on \\servidoer)
and retry, or, if you are using samba, define an alias and use the
alias (it is a client limitation, not a server one).

Sydney Tsai
2016-10-26 08:34:08 UTC
Can you provide the debug logs and package script?
You may censor the server/login name inside the files if they are too
sensitive.

I also read in this website, the setup has some strict verifying of swtiches
http://www.itninja.com/question/oracle-11g-r2-client-11-2-0-1

Sydney
Jáder Marasca
2016-11-05 22:20:09 UTC
Hi

Pacakge OracleClient.xml

<packages>
<package id="OracleClient"
name="Cliente BD Oracle v11"
revision="1"
priority="950"
reboot="false">

<check type="file" condition="exists"
path="c:\oracle\odp.net\bin\2.x\Oracle.DataAccess.dll"
/>

<install cmd="%SOFTWARE%\Cliente11.bat" />

</package>

</packages>

File Cliente11.bat

@echo off
cls
if not exist C:\OracleClient11 mkdir C:\OracleClient11 >>c:\inst-oracle.txt
xcopy /y /s /i /c \\servidor\wpkg\software\OracleClient11
C:\OracleClient11 >>c:\inst-oracle.txt
c: >>c:\inst-oracle.tx
cd C:\OracleClient11 >>c:\inst-oracle.txt
call install.bat odp.net2 c:\oracle odac >>c:\inst-oracle.txt
cd \ >>c:\inst-oracle.tx
echo del /s C:\OracleClient11 >>c:\inst-oracle.txt
ping 127.0.0.1 -n 11

Note I've put some debug info on the batch file.
It do not help anything.

I'm aware this is a huge batch (install.bat and configure.bat both provided
by Oracle) called with lot of parameters.
But everything works if run with other user than system.
So it's something with system user.

Regards

Jáder