[wpkg-users] WPKG(GP) under Windows 10 Pro (1511)
Nils Thiele
2016-06-30 13:51:25 UTC

We are still using mainly windows 7 clients and a few 8.1 in our
organisation but sooner or later there will be some windows 10 ones.

I got a new test system with windows 10 to see if our software setup is
working correctly and it seems that wpkg-gp isnt working anymore on
windows 10, atleast the latest built (1511).

Install went fine and i even tried the latest beta release (0.18) but it
wont launch wpkg throuhg lgpo at bootup and there is no error in the
windows logs. Trying to execute wpkg manually through Pipeclient doesnt
work either, even tho the wpkg control service is running.

Anyone else experiencing this problem? Any other solution to get this
working at boot up?

Thanks!

Greetings,

Nils
--
IT-Support - Fachbereich 09 Kulturgeschichte und Kulturkunde
Universität Hamburg

Nils Thiele
2016-06-30 13:56:09 UTC
PS:

Of Course i have activated the true shutdown method that was needed
under windows 8.1 as well...
Post by Nils Thiele
Hi,
[...]
Flügelbau West, R. 204
Edmund-Siemers-Allee 1
D-20146 Hamburg
Tel.: +49-40-42838-3024
Email: ***@uni-hamburg.de

Nils Thiele
2016-06-30 14:22:53 UTC
Hi

I just tried 0.17 again and atleast pipeclient is working but it still
wont execute at system start.

Fastboot is definatly disabled and even if not it should still work for
reboots but no luck.

Which version of windows 10 are you using?

Any other ideas what i could try?
Hi,
wpkg-gp (wpkg-gp-0.17_x64.exe) is working fine for me with windows 10
using GPO.
I had to disable fastboot to get wpkg correctly executed when the
system starts.
Without disabled fastboot it only runs on reboot.
Hi,

Ingo Arndt

Ingo Arndt
2016-07-06 09:15:19 UTC

I have updated to Windows 10 Pro 1511 and WPKG-GP is still working fine
on boot.

For my machines managed by wpkg-gp I have a gpo with the settings
(sry..german & html):

Richtlinien
Administrative Vorlagen
System/Energieverwaltung/Schaltflächeneinstellungen
Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Aktion für Standbyschalter auswählen (Netzbetrieb) Aktiviert
Aktion für Standbyschalter Keine Aktion durchführen

Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Netzschalteraktion auswählen (Netzbetrieb) Aktiviert
Netzschalteraktion Herunterfahren

WPKG
Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Enabling WPKG-GP Software Installation Aktiviert
WPKG command path cscript \\<myserverip>\wpkg\wpkg.js /synchronize
/quiet /sendStatus
Disable No

Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Wpkg-GP Logging settings Aktiviert
WPKG-gp Verbosity 1

Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Wpkg-GP Misc Settings Aktiviert
Maximum consecutive Reboots 4
WPKG-gp Reboot Policy Force
Allow execution by non-admins Yes
Allow execution by normal users Yes
Show an activity indicator Yes

Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Wpkg-GP Network Connection Settings Aktiviert
Wpkg-GP Network Username wpkg
Wpkg-GP Network Password <mywpkguserpassword>

System
Richtlinie Einstellung Kommentar
Äußerst detaillierte Statusmeldungen anzeigen Aktiviert

Some of these settings are overridden by the local Wpkg-gp.ini file:

[WpkgConfig]
TestConnectionHost = <myserverip>

[EnvironmentVariables]
SOFTWARE = \\<myserverip>\wpkg

Regards,
Hi,
Post by Nils Thiele
Hi
I just tried 0.17 again and atleast pipeclient is working but it still
wont execute at system start.
Fastboot is definatly disabled and even if not it should still work for
reboots but no luck.
Which version of windows 10 are you using?
Any other ideas what i could try?
Hi,
wpkg-gp (wpkg-gp-0.17_x64.exe) is working fine for me with windows 10
using GPO.
I had to disable fastboot to get wpkg correctly executed when the
system starts.
Without disabled fastboot it only runs on reboot.
Hi,
Nils Thiele
2016-07-06 12:26:48 UTC
Thanks for testing this.
So the system is connected to an AD Domain?
Because im using this on a standalone System with only local group
policies and i havent set anything manually, the installer should do
everything needed.

Maybe i try to add those settings to the local gpo and see if this
changes anything or try a clean install of windows 10, currently the
system was updated from windows 7 but wpkg-gp wasnt installed before the
upgrade.

Best Regards,
Nils
Post by Ingo Arndt
Hi,
[...]
Hi,
Post by Nils Thiele
Hi
I just tried 0.17 again and atleast pipeclient is working but it still
wont execute at system start.
Fastboot is definatly disabled and even if not it should still work for
reboots but no luck.
Which version of windows 10 are you using?
Any other ideas what i could try?
Hi,
wpkg-gp (wpkg-gp-0.17_x64.exe) is working fine for me with windows 10
using GPO.
I had to disable fastboot to get wpkg correctly executed when the
system starts.
Without disabled fastboot it only runs on reboot.
Hi,
Email: ***@uni-hamburg.de
Nils Thiele
2016-07-06 12:32:27 UTC
Ah ok..

We dont use win10 here yet either , its the same situatuib win7pro is
mostly used and arround 5-10 Systems are using win8.1.

Everything works great on these machines and i even tried it on win10
successfully in the past but that was over half a year ago, so something
might have changed in the recent updates for lgpos.

If no one else confirms this in the next days i will do more tests if i
have the time.

Thanks again tho!

Rergards,

Nils
Hi,
yes, my systems are connected to an AD Domain.
I have only one Windows 10 client machine in my network, most of them
are Windows 7 pro, four are windows 8/8.1.
wpkg-gp is working fine on all of them, even on the servers (2012R2
mostly).
I have no experience with wpkg-gp in a local group only setup, sorry.
Regards,
Ingo
Post by Nils Thiele
Hi,
Thanks for testing this.
So the system is connected to an AD Domain?
Because im using this on a standalone System with only local group
policies and i havent set anything manually, the installer should do
everything needed.
Maybe i try to add those settings to the local gpo and see if this
changes anything or try a clean install of windows 10, currently the
system was updated from windows 7 but wpkg-gp wasnt installed before
the upgrade.
Best Regards,
Nils
Post by Ingo Arndt
Hi,
[...]
Hi,
Post by Nils Thiele
Hi
I just tried 0.17 again and atleast pipeclient is working but it still
wont execute at system start.
Fastboot is definatly disabled and even if not it should still work for
reboots but no luck.
Which version of windows 10 are you using?
Any other ideas what i could try?
Hi,
wpkg-gp (wpkg-gp-0.17_x64.exe) is working fine for me with windows 10
using GPO.
I had to disable fastboot to get wpkg correctly executed when the
system starts.
Without disabled fastboot it only runs on reboot.
Hi,